This past Friday, Chris' Dad, Don, lost his battle with cancer. Obviously, the past few days have not been easy. It's times like these that I tend to reflect and do a lot of thinking. I have learned that you must hold tight to your faith and the ones you love. I take comfort now in knowing that Don is in no more pain and is finally free of such a horrible disease. In sorrow, as hard as it is, I have learned to take a look around at all the amazing gifts God has given me. I look at my husband, who I ADORE, and am so incredibly thankful; I look at my daughter, who is my heart, and cry with joy; I look at our Moms, our brothers, our families and dear friends, and thank God for the blessing of them. I have learned that in sorrow, you can find a reason to smile again, a reason to be happy again...sometimes you just have to wipe your tears, open your eyes, and take a look around. God's blessings are abundant. In the brochure for Don's services, they picked the 23rd Psalm...I know many of you know this one by heart, but for those who aren't that familiar, I just feel called to share. It is a great source of comfort and strength in times like these. Many continued blessings to you and yours.
The Twenty-Third Psalm
The Lord is my Shepherd: I shall not want:
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
though anointest my head with oil:
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow
me all the days of my life: and I will
dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
The Twenty-Third Psalm
The Lord is my Shepherd: I shall not want:
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
though anointest my head with oil:
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow
me all the days of my life: and I will
dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


No comments:
Post a Comment